What is Eligibility?
Meeting the stipulated requirements in which to participate and compete for WIAA member schools. All WIAA member schools have had input on, and agreed to abide by, these rules.
Who decides Eligibility?
Athletic Administrators or School Designee work with WIAA staff to review and determine athletic eligibility. According to WIAA eligibility training, coaches are responsible for knowing the WIAA rules and assisting the AD with all eligibility issues.
WIAA Eligibility Forms:
- 2019-2020 WIAA Eligibility Check List
- 2019-2020 Protect Your High School Eligibility
- Additional WIAA Eligibility Forms
Specific question about eligibility? Contact your school's athletic director listed below.
- Academic Standards / Scholarship
- Age Limits
- Amateur Standing
- Athletic Clearance
- Concurrent Sports Limitation
- Gender Identity Participation
- Non-school Participation
- Physical Examination
- Pre-contest Practice Requirement
- Previous Semester and Regular Attendance
- Season Limitations
- Student Appeals of Ineligibility
- Students Attending Other Schools
- Student Member of a School
- Transferring Students
- Use of Illegal Substances