Social Media Guidelines
The Enumclaw School District (District) maintains social media accounts as an avenue to communicate important news and information to students, staff, and the public. The District respects the differing opinions of our community, however, this page is not intended to be an open public forum. The District encourages community members to comment on its posts to provide their opinions and feedback to the District, but all comments must be kept to the topic of the District’s original post.
Our audience includes families and school-aged children, and users should keep that audience in mind when making comments. The District reserves the right to remove comments that it reasonably concludes:
- Clearly deviate from the topic of the District’s post;
- Contain profanities or lewd, obscene, or sexually explicit content;
- Threaten or harass;
- Contain defamatory content;
- Violate the legal ownership interest or copyright of another party;
- Invade the privacy of students or staff;
- Promote or advertise commercial services or products;
- Incite illegal or unlawful activity;
- Support or oppose political candidates or ballot propositions; or
- Demean, disparage, or otherwise discriminate against a person or group in violation of District policy 3210, District procedure 3210P, or RCW 28A.642.010.
The District will not, however, remove comments based solely on viewpoint.
The District’s social media accounts are not intended to replace regular communication channels for sharing personal issues and concerns. Comments regarding a personal issue with the District, a school, or a staff member should be handled directly through email, phone, or in person.
All content related to District business on this site is a public record, subject to retention and disclosure upon request. The District does not express approval or support for the views expressed by third parties.