Student Technology Standards
Create & Innovate
- Apply existing knowledge to generate new ideas, processes and products.
- Create original works as a means of personal or group expression.
- Use models and simulations to explore complex systems and issues.
- Identify trends and forecast possibilities.
- Plan strategies to guide inquiry.
- Locate, organize, analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and ethically use information from a variety of sources and media.
- Evaluate and select information sources and digital tools based on the appropriateness to specific tasks.
- Process data and report results.
Communicate & Collaborate
- Interact, collaborate, and publish with peers, experts, or others employing a variety of digital environments and media.
- Communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media and formats.
- Develop cultural understanding and global awareness by engaging with learners of other cultures.
- Contribute to project teams to produce original works or solve problems.
Think Critically, Solve Problems, & Make Decisions
- Identify and define authentic problems and significant questions for investigation.
- Plan and manage activities to develop a solution or complete a project.
- Collect and analyze data to identify solutions and/or make informed decisions.
- Use multiple processes and diverse perspectives to explore alternative solutions.
Exhibit Digital Citizenship
- Exhibit a positive attitude toward using technology that supports collaboration, learning, and productivity.
- Advocate and practice safe, legal, and responsible use of information and technology.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for lifelong learning.
- Exhibit leadership for digital citizenship.
Demonstrate Technology Proficiency
- Understand and use technology vocabulary and systems.
- Select and use applications effectively and productively.
- Troubleshoot systems and applications.
- Transfer current knowledge to learning of new technologies.