If you need help with your Chromebook device or help with access to your learning and classroom, please check out this information.
- Internet Access
- Google Classroom
- Parent Internet Controls
- Family Access
- Family Tech Tips
N E W K-12 I N T E R N E T A C C E S S P R O G R A M ! !
We know that many families depend on the Internet, whether at school or at home, so they can participate in remote learning, search for jobs, access financial or government services, and much more. Enumclaw School District has worked over the past several months and continues to work to provide internet access for over one hundred of our families across the district. In addition, we want to share a recent update and new opportunity from OSPI regarding the statewide K-12 Internet Access Program.
The new K–12 Internet Access Program connects students in need to internet access at home with no cost to the student or their family through Presidio or Comcast. Washington state’s Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction will be using grant funding from the CARES Act to pay for this program.
Students whose families qualify for the national free and reduced meal program, and are not currently connected to the internet, can get a free internet connection through the end of the 2020–21 school year.
If you believe that you qualify for this internet access program through OSPI and would like more information on how to apply, please contact Annette in our Technology Department at 360.802.7135.
If you have not already done so, please complete the Free and Reduced Lunch application linked here:
For our families that have already submitted a request, as soon as your Verizon hotspot is configured and ready to pick up, we will contact you directly. If you have not completed our survey, please complete the applicable survey below:
We are currently checking out our available hotspots in the following process:
Phase I: Families with no internet access at all. We are currently using our available hotspots to checkout to these families.
Phase II: For families who have indicated that they have some internet access, but need additional support, we are waiting for our new order of hotspots to arrive in the coming weeks. For our families that have already submitted a request, as soon as your Verizon hotspot is configured and ready to pick up, we will contact you directly.
At-School Internet Access: For families who live in areas where a hotspot will not work or who are waiting for a hotspot, each of our schools is in the process of scheduling on-site “Internet Cafe” locations and hours for very small groups of students to come to the school site to access their online learning materials on a scheduled basis.
Are you having problems with your Chromebook such as:
- It won't open videos,
- It won't let me access my Classroom assignments,
- It isn't "acting" normal,
- My camera or mic won't work.
Instructions to help solve these and other possible Chromebook issues are below.
- Shut Down Chromebook Instructions
- Chrome Operating System Update Instructions
- 'Powerwash' Instructions
- Clear Browsing Data Instructions
(Shortcut: Before you login select: ALT + V buttons. A small number will appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen. It should be 75 or bigger. If not, follow the below steps.)
1. Open Google Chrome
A. Click the three vertical dots upper right side just under the “X”.
Note: There have been some students that have installed extensions that do away with the three dots. Some extensions may change them to a different icon.
2. When you click on the three dots the menu similar to what is shown below will appear. Hover over the Help within this menu and a pop out menu will appear.
3. Here is the pop out menu that appears by hovering over the Help selection within the above menu.
4. Click “About Google Chrome”.
5. You will now get a screen that looks similar to the screen below.
6. We are concerned with the information just below the Google Chrome icon and label.
7. Here is the area that we are most interested in. On your Chromebooks you may have it saying “version 75.03770.144.” With this version you are up to date at this time.
8. To make sure, there may be a box with blue lettering to the right side of the above area. It states “Check for updates” click this and it will tell you if it is up to date. If not it will start the updating process.
1. Hold the ESC + Refresh (Circle Arrow 3rd Key from ESC) + Power. (found in different places)
2. A screen will appear with a background of a USB stick
3. Now hit Ctrl + D
4. Follow the instruction on screen.
A. Enter Key
B. Enter Key
6. At this point, the Chromebook will reboot.
7. The newer OS will have a button bottom right that says "Let’s Go"
8. Connect to Network
A. Choose "Porch"
9. Chrome OS Terms
A. Bottom right button "Accept and Continue"
Note: There is a switch to help make chrome better. You can leave it on or turn it off.
10. Checking on updates.
11. It should now say at the top of screen "Enterprise Enrollment"
A. Enrolling Device
12. You are enrolled successfully
A. Click the Done button bottom right.
13. Now login First name_Last name (@email address) already there.
A. Hit enter or click the Next button bottom right
A. Enter your password.
Repairs - Grades 6-12: Students in grade 6-12 may bring their chromebook to their school’s main office to get repair or checkout a loaner.
Repairs - Grades PreK- 5: Families of students in grades PreK-5 may bring their Chromebook to the Enumclaw School District Technology Office, located at 2929 McDougall Avenue (just behind the district office) for repair or to checkout a loaner. Hours: M - F 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Help with your Chromebook:
For help accessing your child’s learning, logging into Google Classroom, etc. please contact your child’s teacher. For technical help, you may bring your Chromebook in for repair, as described above.
Grades 6-12: New students that attend Enumclaw High School, Enumclaw Middle School, or Thunder Mountain Middle School who need a Chromebook may pick one up at their school
Elementary: Families who have requested a Chromebook through our survey have been contacted for a pickup time.
Families with elementary students who have need for a Chromebook and have not completed our survey, please complete the applicable survey below: